Chia is an ancient seed, source of beneficial nutrients to the human organism. It is the world’s largest source of vegetal Omega-3 fatty acids (63% of the total fat), and contains other components that makes it attractive for human nutrition: antioxidants, dietary fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals.
Chia is a natural product with no cholesterol, sodium, toxic or allergenic substances; it is gluten-free and has a very pleasant taste.
Benexia® offers a variety of food grade Chia seed products with quality certifications for the food industry, in compliance with food regulations worldwide.
Benexia Black Chia Seed (BCS)
- Uniform 2 mm oval-shaped seed.
- Combination of black, grey and white seeds.
- Highest level of purity.
- Food grade quality.
- Compliance with any country’s food regulations.
- Excellent for any topping or inclusion application.
Benexia White Chia Seed (WCS)
- Same benefits and quality assurance as Benexia® BCS
- 100% white beige seed
- Excellent for any topping or inclusion application
- Omega-3, fibre and protein are combined into a seed of ideal size and color to food products for specific target market as children.
Benexia Low Moisture BCS/WCS/O
- Low Moisture Chia Seed, obtained throught a natural and chemical free 5 Log reduction kill step process assuring no residual microbiology nor pathogens contamination.
- 100% non-sprouting.
- Ensuring the highest food safety specification.
- Specifically designed for Chia Seed.
- Ideal for uses in non-heat treated end product (beverages, yogurt, fruit puree for kids and infant food).
- Guaranteed food safe ingredient to protect your brand with the safest ingredient.
- Black and white organic certifed seeds.
- With full organic soil certification
- Purity guaranteed.
- High microbiological quality.
- 100% organic product.
Bread and baked products
Bread and baked products
|Omega-3. The highest source of Essential Fatty Acid Omega-3 found in nature (1000 mg of Omega-3 in 5 g of Seed).|
|Fiber. 41g of fiber per 100 g of seed, 35% insoluble and 5% soluble, an excellent balance of dietary fiber for Gut Health.|
|Protein. A very rich source of protein (21% protein). It's good digestibility and biological value qualifies chia seeds as a good quality protein source, containing all essential aminoacids.|
|Vitamins & Minerals. A good source of vitamin B, niacin, thiamine. calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc and copper. It provides more than the 20% daily intake of these minerals recommended for adults.|
|Antioxidants. Chlorogenic acid and caffeic acid, with and ORAC of 82,8 umol/TE per gram, which is the highest found in nature for an oleaginous seed.|
|Chia seed complies with all trends of the cereal, bakery and pastry markets|
|Simple and natural|
|It is a functional ingredient that can be used for the development of healthy products|
|Ideal for active senior consumers|
|Easy to consume|
|Health Claims. Scientific evidence indicates that alpha-linolenic acid acts by inhibiting the inflammatory and coagulation processes and it therefore plays a central role in the prevention and treatment of inflammatory and cardiovascular conditions. “In Europe, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) is responsible for approving and promoting the relevance of alpha-linolenic fatty acid in the brain development of infants and children and the cardiovascular prevention through its action on lowering LDL cholesterol (Scientific substantiation of a health claim related to ALA and contribution to brain development pursuant to Article 14 of Regulation (EC) No 1924/20061)."|
|Nutritional Claims. The most important Nutrition and Health organizations in the world, FDA, EFSA, FAO/WHO, IOM, have recommended an adequate intake for ALA, Fiber and Proteín. Also they determined quantities for “High content” and “Good Source” declarations in food products.|